RMHC U.S. Scholarship Programs
Did you know that RMHC Phoenix has a scholarship program? In 2017, we awarded 90 scholarships to high school seniors from Central and Northern Arizona!
RMHC, Inc. began its support of scholarship programs in 1985 by committing $50,000 toward the first scholarships awarded through the Hispanic American Commitment to Educational Resources (HACER) program. In 2001, the RMHC/ASIA (Asian Students Increasing Achievement) and RMHC African American Future Achievers scholarships were created. Most recently in 2005, as part of an effort to increase the reach of its scholarship program, RMHC, Inc. launched the RMHC U.S. Scholars program to include students of all backgrounds. RMHC Phoenix participates in the HACER, RMHC African American Future Achievers and RMHC U.S. Scholars program, so students of any background can apply for the scholarship program.
To apply for a RMHC Phoenix Scholarship, students must:
- Reside in Central or Northern Arizona
- Be a legal U.S. resident
- Be a high school senior
- Be less than 21 years of age
- Carry a minimum 2.7 GPA
- Be eligible to enroll and attend an institution of higher education or a vocational/ technical school
- Plan to enroll at an accredited post-secondary education institution during the academic year following their high school graduation
- Complete and submit a scholarship application before the January deadline
- Additional selection criteria may be specified by the local RMHC chapter.
RMHC of Phoenix, Inc. will award a maximum of $2,500 scholarship or a minimum of $1,500 scholarship to each selected eligible high school senior.
The RMHC Scholarship Program for 2016-2017 is now closed. The application period for the 2017-2018 program will open in the fall.
Graduating high school seniors may only apply for one of the three scholarships:
- RMHC® Scholars Scholarship
- All students are eligible to apply regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability or national origin.
- RMHC®/African American Future Achievers Scholarship
- Applicant must have at least one parent of African American or Black Caribbean heritage.
- RMHC®/HACER® Scholarship
- Applicant must have at least one parent of Hispanic/Latino heritage.
Visit http://www.aim.applyists.net/RMHC for more information and to apply!
Our Annual Scholarship Breakfast
Help us give scholarships to deserving Arizona high school students and allow them the opportunity to pursue a college education! Held every summer, the RMHC Phoenix Scholarship Breakfast offers many ways for you to get involved and show your support for the RMHC Phoenix Scholarship program!
For more information about the Scholarship Breakfast, or to see how you can get involved, please contact the RMHC Development Coordinator at 602-798-5096 or email at email@example.com.